This whole blogging thing is going… not as I desired. A lot of it has to do with reading as not been as big a priority as last year. Also, work’s been crazy. So what HAVE I been up to since end of January?
- Co-chaired Local Arrangements for ELUNA, a work conference that culminated in 3 days of conference all day, social functions all night (excluding the 2 prep days and 1 final day! Conferences are a lot of work, man.)
- Saw My Morning Jacket at OKC’s new music venue The Criterion
- Managed to read A Darker Shade of Magic AND A Gathering of Shadows in 4 day window.
- Probably my favorite project over the last few months: made a 4 hour, Oklahoma-themed playlist for the conference reception.
- Continued to work on Nerdy Girls Association board stuff
- Met my friend Kendall’s new baby, Sami!
- Mourned my late uncle who we lost to stage 4 colon cancer
- Spent time with my mom during her visit in early April
- Attended the Oklahoma Library Association conference and sat on a panel called Stump the Cataloger—note: I did not get stumped!
- BFF visited over spring break (thanks, work, for giving employees a spring break!)
- Conference prep conference prep conference prep (for both OLA and ELUNA!)
- Started a book club called A Book Walks Into a Bar
- Saw Best Coast & Wavves on their Summer is Forever II tour in Dallas for Valentine’s Day weekend
With summer around the corner, hopefully there will be more time for reading, exploring, and writing. I initially started this blog as a place to muse about books, but to help kick-start blogging again, I’m expanding to writing about music and places. Some of the topics up for writing consideration:
- A series of posts about museums over the next few months, starting with planned stops at the Dr. Pepper Museum and Museum of the Weird during my birthday Texas road trip.
- Introducing new categories such as Librariana (anything related to libraries).
- Reviving dead categories such as Ranked and Upcoming.
- Finally getting around to writing about my trip to UNLV’s Special Collections
- Concert reviews, most likely
- Whatever I want! It’s my blog, right?
So time to start drafting a schedule and seeing if I can stick to it. ‘Til then!